SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread almonds in a shallow baking pan. Toast in the preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring two to three times. Remove from oven; let cool.
2. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter the foil; set pan aside.
3. Butter the sides of a heavy 2-quart saucepan. In the saucepan, combine powdered sugar, milk, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils and sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low. Boil gently, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low. Add the white chocolate. Stir until white chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat; stir in dried fruit, almonds, and, if desired, almond extract. Immediately spread fudge in prepared pan. Cover and chill 6 hours or until firm.
5. When fudge is firm, use foil to lift it out of pan. Cut fudge into 1-inch squares or triangles. If desired, tint canned frosting with food coloring. Pipe frosting over cut pieces. Makes about 2 pounds (64 pieces).