SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a medium mixing bowl beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until combined. Add flour and salt; beat on low speed just until combined.
2. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill dough for at least 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On lightly floured surface roll half of the dough at a time until 1/8 inch thick. Cut dough into 2-inch squares. Place half of the dough squares on ungreased cookie sheets. Place a scant 1/4 teaspoon each of preserves and almond paste in the center of each square.
4. In a small bowl stir together beaten egg and the water. Brush edges of squares on cookie sheets with egg mixture. Top each with a second dough square. Using a fork, gently press edges to seal. Brush tops of pillows with egg mixture. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool.