SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare and roll out Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. For filling, in a large bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg, and cloves. Add eggs; beat lightly with a fork until combined. Gradually add milk; stir until combined.
3. Carefully pour filling in pastry shell. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie crust with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake about 25 to 30 minutes more or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours.
4. To serve, top with Cranberry-Pecan Caramel Topper, and/or whipped cream, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
1. In a medium bowl combine dried cranberries and brandy; let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in pecan halves and caramel-flavored ice cream topping. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before serving.
1. In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the flour mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of the bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon of cold water at a time, until all flour mixture is moistened. Form dough in ball. On lightly floured surface use hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edges into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp and form a high edge to keep filling from bubbling over. Do not prick pastry.