SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat in the flour on low speed. Divide dough into fourths. Cover; chill about 3 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll a portion of the dough into a 10x6-inch rectangle. Using a fluted pastry wheel or a sharp knife, cut dough into 15 2-inch squares. Place squares 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling onto center of each square. Brush one corner of dough with water. Fold opposite corner over filling. Fold brushed corner over first corner; press gently to seal. If desired, press one semisweet chocolate piece into the top of the overlapped corners.
4. Repeat with remaining dough, filling, and chocolate pieces. Bake as directed. Makes 60 envelopes.
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar. Stir in semisweet chocolate pieces or almond brickle pieces. Makes about 1-1/2 cups.