SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Remove from skillet, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Drain and crumble bacon; set aside.
2. Add chicken livers, onion, and garlic to reserved drippings in skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat about 5 minutes or until livers are no longer pink; cool slightly.
3. In a food processor or blender combine crumbled bacon, chicken liver mixture, wine, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Cover and process or blend until combined (mixture will be soft). Line a 1-cup mold or bowl with plastic wrap; spoon in liver mixture. (Or spoon liver mixture directly into a crock or ramekin or several small ramekins.) Cover and chill for 3 to 24 hours.
4. To serve, uncover and invert mold or bowl onto a platter; remove plastic wrap. (Or place ramekin or crock on a serving plate.) If desired, sprinkle with parsley or chives. Serve with crackers.
5. Makes 1 cup pate (sixteen 1-tablespoon servings).