SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare and roll out Baked Pastry Tart Shell; set aside.
2. For filling, in a medium bowl beat egg yolks with a wire whisk or fork. Gradually whisk or stir in sweetened condensed milk; add lime peel, lime juice, and, if desired, food coloring. Mix well (mixture will thicken slightly).
3. Spoon thickened filling into Baked Pastry Tart Shell. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Chill 2 to 3 hours before serving; cover for longer storage.
4. To serve, cut tart into wedges. Pipe Sweetened Whipped Cream onto each wedge.
5. Makes 8 slices.
1. In a chilled mixing bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
1. In a large bowl, stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening dough, using 1 tablespoon cold water at a time, until all the dough is moistened (4 to 5 tablespoons cold water total). Form dough into a ball.