SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare and roll out pastry for Single-Crust Pie. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry. Trim; crimp edge as desired.
2. For filling, combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in pecan halves.
3. Place the pastry-lined pie plate on the oven rack. Carefully pour the filling into the pastry shell.
4. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of the pie with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours. Makes 8 slices.
1. Stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of the bowl. Repeat moistening dough, using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until all the dough is moistened. Form dough into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a circle about 12 inches in diameter.