SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottoms of two 8x1-1/2-inch round cake pans with waxed paper; grease and lightly flour pans. Set pans aside. In a medium bowl combine nuts, flour, and baking powder; set aside.
2. In a blender or food processor combine eggs and sugar; cover and blend or process until smooth. Add nut mixture. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Spread batter evenly in the prepared pans.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly touched (centers may dip slightly). Cool cake layers on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cake layers from pans. Cool thoroughly on wire racks.
4. Spread Mocha Frosting on each layer; stack layers. Loosely cover and chill frosted cake for 2 to 24 hours. If desired, top with chocolate curls.
5. Makes 8 servings
1. Mocha Frosting: In a chilled small mixing bowl dissolve instant coffee crystals in whipping cream; add sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed just until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).