SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Score both sides of steak in a diamond pattern by making shallow diagonal cuts at 1-inch intervals. Place meat in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl combine the 1/3 cup wine vinegar, the onion, oil, Worcestershire sauce, the 2 cloves garlic, and the dry mustard. Pour marinade over meat; seal bag. Turn to coat meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours, turning bag several times.
2. For sauce, in a medium saucepan cook green onion in 2 tablespoons hot butter over medium heat until tender. Stir in the flour and thyme. Stir in broth and wine. Bring to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until reduced to about 1 cup. Keep warm.
3. Drain meat, discarding marinade. Pat meat dry with paper towels. Preheat broiler. Place steak on unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 15 to 18 minutes or until medium doneness (160 degrees F), turning once. Slice steak thinly across the grain.
4. Meanwhile, combine zucchini, carrot, and the 1 clove garlic; place in a steamer basket over boiling water. Steam about 4 minutes or just until tender. Transfer to bowl. Stir in the 1 tablespoon butter and the walnuts. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. To serve, spoon some of the sauce over meat; pass the remaining sauce. Serve the zucchini and carrot mixture with the meat. If desired, garnish with fresh herb sprigs.
6. Makes 4 servings