SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Place flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag. Add meat pieces, a few at a time, shaking to coat. In a Dutch oven brown meat, half at a time, in hot oil; drain fat. Return all meat to Dutch oven; add chopped onion, dried rosemary (if using), and garlic. Cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in broth and wine. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1-1/2 hours.
2. Stir in boiling onions and carrot. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 30 minutes more or until meat and vegetables are tender. Meanwhile, prepare Polenta.
3. Just before serving, stir parsley and tomato paste into stew. Serve stew with Polenta.
4. Makes 8 servings (about 7 cups)
1. In a large saucepan bring milk just to a simmer over medium heat. In a medium bowl combine cornmeal, water, and salt. Stir cornmeal mixture slowly into hot milk. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture is very thick, stirring occasionally. (If mixture is too thick, stir in additional milk.) Stir in butter or margarine until melted.