SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Allow the egg yolks and egg whites to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. For cheese sauce, in a medium saucepan melt butter; stir in flour, dry mustard, and cayenne pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Add cheese, a little at a time, stirring until melted. In a medium bowl beat egg yolks with a fork until combined. Slowly add cheese sauce to egg yolks, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Gently fold about 1 cup of the stiffly beaten egg whites into cheese sauce.
4. Gradually pour cheese sauce over remaining stiffly beaten egg whites, folding to combine. Pour into an ungreased 2-quart souffle dish.
5. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.