SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. At least 1 hour before grilling, soak wood chunks in enough water to cover. Drain before using.
2. Sprinkle Davis Dry Rub evenly over brisket; rub in with your fingers. Cut a sheet of foil slightly larger than the brisket. Poke several holes in the foil. Place brisket on foil.
3. In a smoker, arrange preheated coals, about half the drained wood chunks, and a water pan according to the manufacturers directions. Pour hot water into pan. Place brisket and foil on the grill rack over water pan. Cover; smoke for 5 to 6 hours or until brisket is tender. Test tenderness by inserting fork into center of brisket and twisting. When fork twists easily, brisket is ready. Add additional coals, wood chunks, and water as needed. (Do not add wood after the first 2 hours of smoking. Too much smoke makes meat bitter.)
4. Remove brisket from smoker. Cover and let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, heat Brisket Barbecue Sauce in a saucepan over low heat. To serve brisket, trim away crusty outer layer; serve separately. Thinly slice brisket across the grain. Serve with Brisket Barbecue Sauce on the side. Makes 12 (4-1/4-ounce) servings.
1. In a small bowl stir together paprika, black pepper, salt, chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cayenne pepper. Transfer to a small airtight container or bag. Store at room temperature up to 6 months.