SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. At least 1 hour before smoke-cooking, soak wood chunks or chips in enough water to cover. Drain before using.
2. Sprinkle Davis Dry Rub evenly over meat; rub in with your fingers. In a smoker arrange preheated coals, drained wood chunks, and water pan according to manufacturers directions. Pour water into pan. Place roast on the grill rack over water pan. Cover; smoke for 4 to 5 hours or until roast is very tender. Add additional coals and water as needed to maintain temperature and moisture. (Do not add more wood after the first 2 hours of smoking. Too much smoke makes roast bitter.)
3. Remove roast from smoker. Cover roast with foil; let stand for 15 minutes. Using two forks, gently pull the roast into long thin strands. Mix about 1-1/2 cups Vinegar Barbecue Sauce with the pork to slightly moisten the meat.
4. To serve, pile pork onto buns. Sprinkle with hot pepper sauce. Serve with remaining Vinegar Barbecue sauce and Kohlrabi Coleslaw. Makes 12 (4-1/4-ounce) to 18 servings.
1. In a small bowl stir together paprika, black pepper, salt, chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, sugar, and cayenne pepper. Transfer to a small airtight container or bag. Store at room temperature up to 6 months.