SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a medium saucepan, combine water and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; set syrup aside to cool while preparing fruit.
2. Place strawberries in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth; if necessary add about 1/3 cup of the syrup to help puree the berries. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Stir strawberry puree and lemon juice into the syrup.
3. Pour mixture into a 2-quart square baking dish. Cover and freeze mixture about 6 hours or until mixture is completely frozen, stirring after 2 hours and then after every hour.
4. Just before serving, break up mixture with a fork until fluffy. Spoon mixture into dessert dishes. If desired, serve with Lemon Cream. Makes about 5-1/2 cups.
1. In a medium chilled mixing bowl, beat whipping cream, sugar, and lemon peel with an electric mixer on medium speed or with a whisk until soft peaks form (tips curl).