SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare Dipping Sauce. Meanwhile, thaw shrimp and sole, if frozen. If desired, brown steak on both sides in a lightly oiled large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer beef to a cutting board. Thinly slice beef into bite-size strips. Arrange beef and seafood on a platter; set aside.
2. Arrange cabbage, mushrooms, bean sprouts, carrots, and bamboo shoots on a separate platter; set aside.
3. In a large saucepan bring water and salt to boiling. Pour into a firepot, electric wok, or electric skillet. Light burner under pot or turn on wok or skillet to medium heat.
4. To serve, give each person a bowl and a small wire strainer, chopsticks, or a slotted spoon. Dip meat, fish, and shrimp into simmering water until done. Allow 30 to 60 seconds for beef or until desired doneness and 1 to 2 minutes for fish (should flake easily) and shrimp (should turn opaque). Remove from water and place in bowls. Add vegetables to pot. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from water and add to bowls. When all meat, fish, shrimp, and vegetables are cooked, add green onions, ginger, and noodles to broth. Cook 3 minutes or until noodles are tender. Remove and discard ginger pieces. Pour broth and noodles over meat and vegetables in bowls. Stir Dipping Sauce into each bowl to taste. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
1. In a small bowl stir together soy sauce; cilantro; green onions; toasted sesame oil; jalapeno pepper (optional); sugar; rice vinegar; ginger; and garlic. Allow to stand, covered, 1 hour before serving. Makes about 3/4 cup.