SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Prepare Oil Pastry. On a well-floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Flute or crimp edge as desired. Do not prick. Line pastry with a double thickness of heavy foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 5 minutes more. Cool on a wire rack while preparing the filling. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degree F.For filling::
2. In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, honey, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Add egg and vanilla. Beat lightly with a fork just until combined. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour filling into baked pastry shell.
3. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of the pie with foil. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until filling appears set (edges of filling may crack slightly).
4. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours. If desired, serve with dessert topping. Makes 10 servings.
1. In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt. Add cooking oil and milk all at once to flour mixture. Stir lightly with a fork. Form into a ball.