SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare Peach Steak Sauce, step 4; set aside. In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp and brown. Remove from skillet. Drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet; set aside.
2. Lightly season steaks with salt and pepper. Lightly coat a heavy 12-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add meat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 8 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145 degree F) to medium (160 degree F) doneness, turning occasionally. (If meat browns too quickly, reduce heat to medium low.) Use 1/2 cup of the Peach Steak Sauce to brush on steaks during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
3. Meanwhile, in the large skillet heat the reserved 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings. Add 2 of the peaches and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes or until peaches are browned and heated through, stirring and turning peaches occasionally.Peach Steak Sauce::
4. In a blender or food processor, blend remaining 2 peaches until almost smooth. In a small saucepan combine pureed peaches, consomme, vinegar, brown sugar, onion, and cinnamon. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or to desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Makes 1 cup.
5. To serve, place a toast slice on each plate. Top with a steak, peach slices, and bacon. Pass remaining Peach Steak Sauce. Makes 4 servings.