SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Allow eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease and flour six 3/4 to 1-cup individual tube pans or 10-ounce custard cups; set pans or cups aside. In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a medium mixing bowl beat eggs with an electric mixer on high speed about 4 minutes or until thick. Gradually add sugar, beating on medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in the 1/4 cup honey. Add the flour mixture; beat on low to medium speed just until combined.
3. In a small saucepan heat and stir milk and butter until butter melts; add to batter, beating until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pans or cups.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool cakes in pans or cups on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
5. Place cakes on platter or individual plates. Combine 2 tablespoons honey, lime peel, and lime juice; toss with fruit. To serve spoon fruit mixture over cakes. Top with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired. Makes 6 servings.