SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Place chicken in a large self-sealing plastic bag set in a large bowl. Combine buttermilk, salt, and hot pepper sauce. Pour over chicken in bag. Close bag. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Prepare Red Eye Ketchup; cover and chill until serving time.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the 2 tablespoons peanut oil, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and chipotle chili powder. Add french fries and toss to coat. Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, in a shallow dish combine flour, chopped peanuts, the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, and black pepper. Remove chicken pieces from buttermilk mixture; shaking off excess. Coat chicken with flour mixture a few pieces at a time.
4. In a deep 12-inch cast iron skillet or extra-large deep skillet heat the remaining 2 cups peanut oil over medium heat until a bread cube dropped into the oil browns quickly. Using tongs, carefully add 4 coated chicken tenders to skillet. (Once the chicken has been added, maintain oil temperature at 325 degree F.) Fry chicken in hot oil about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degree F) and coating is golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Transfer to baking sheet along with fries.
5. Reduce oven to 300 degree F and keep chicken and fries in warm oven while frying remaining chicken. Serve chicken fingers and fries with Red Eye Ketchup. Makes 6 servings.
1. In a small saucepan combine ketchup, instant coffee crystals, and chipotle chili powder. Cook and stir over medium heat until coffee crystals are dissolved. Cover and chill until serving time.