SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Rinse goose; pat dry with paper towels. Remove excess fat from cavity and neck. Sprinkle body cavity and rub the outside of the skin with marjoram and pepper.
2. Skewer neck skin to back; tie legs to tail using 100 percent cotton kitchen string. Twist wings under back. Prick entire surface of bird with a fork.
3. Place goose, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert a meat thermometer into thigh meat (bulb should not touch the bone).
4. Roast, uncovered, for 3 to 3-3/4 hours, or until the thermometer registers 180 degrees, drumsticks move easily in sockets, and juices run clear. Using a basting bulb, carefully remove and discard the hot, liquid fat as it accumulates during roasting.
5. Baste goose with about 1/3 cup of Herb Glaze or Ginger-Honey Glaze during the last 15 minutes of roasting. Add vinegar or broth to remaining glaze as directed.
6. Reheat glaze to serve as a sauce. Cover goose; let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
7. To serve, carve goose; pass remaining glaze to drizzle over sliced goose. Makes 12 to 16 servings.
1. In a small bowl, stir together orange marmalade, parsley, and black pepper. After glazing goose, stir white vinegar into remaining mixture before passing as a sauce.
1. In a small saucepan stir together honey, mustard, and ginger. Heat through. After glazing goose, stir chicken broth into remaining glaze before passing as a sauce.