SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. For frosting, in a medium saucepan combine whipping cream and chocolate. Cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl; cover and refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 2 hours.
2. Meanwhile, grease and flour two 9x1-1/2-inch or 8x1-1/2-inch round cake pans; set aside. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using egg whites. Spoon about 1-1/2 cups of batter into each cake pan. Sift cocoa over batter remaining in bowl; stir until blended. Spoon on cake mix in pans; swirl gently to marble and to spread batter evenly. Bake according to package directions except check cakes several minutes before minimum time indicated on package.* Let cakes cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
3. Add cream cheese to chilled white chocolate mixture; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until sugar is completely combined. (Mixture should hold soft peaks; do not overbeat.) Use immediately.
4. Place one cake layer on a serving platter. Frost with about 3/4 cup frosting. Top with second cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake.
5. Serve immediately or cover and chill until serving time (up to 4 hours). To serve, garnish cake with Sugared Rosemary and Cranberries and crushed biscotti, if desired. Makes 12 servings.