SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly coat 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray; line bottom with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with flour; shake excess; set aside.
2. In food processor bowl combine the 1 cup almonds, sugar, and 2 tablespoons flour. Cover; process until ground, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. In a large heavy saucepan, combine Mexican chocolate, semisweet chocolate, and butter. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate and butter are melted; cool 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in large bowl combine egg yolks, coffee, vanilla, almond extract, and salt. Stir in almond mixture, chocolate mixture, chili powder, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. In another large bowl beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add the 1/4 cup granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold whites into chocolate mixture. Pour into pan.
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until just set. Transfer pan to rack; cool 1 hour. Center will sink as cake cools. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
6. To unmold cake, use a small sharp knife to loosen cake from sides of pan; remove sides of pan. Invert cake onto plate and remove pan bottom and parchment paper. Invert cake again onto platter.
7. In chilled bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and remaining cinnamon. Beat until soft peaks form. Top with whipped cream. Sprinkle almonds and crushed chipotle chile pepper. Makes 12 to 16 servings.