SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan or twelve 4-inch fluted tube pan molds. Set aside.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting champagne for the water. Spoon the batter into the 10-inch pan, or spoon about 1/2 cup batter into each of the 4-inch molds. (If you have only one pan of 4-inch molds, cover and chill remaining batter while the first batch bakes. Cool, wash, grease, and flour the molds before baking the second batch.)
3. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. (Allow 35 to 40 minutes for the 10-inch pan or 18 to 20 minutes for 4-inch molds.) Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out of pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
4. Place cooled cake(s) on wire rack over waxed paper. Brush Champagne Icing over cakes to glaze. Let icing dry.
5. To serve, fill center openings of cake(s) with Coconut Frosting. Sprinkle with additional coconut and decorate with white jelly beans and doves. Makes 1 10-inch cake (12 servings) or 12 4-inch cakes.
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, champagne, and vanilla. Stir in additional champagne, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make an icing of glazing consistency. Makes 1 cup.
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat shortening, vanilla, and almond extract with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add 2-1/4 cups of the powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Beat in milk. Gradually beat in the additional 2-1/4 cups powdered sugar and enough milk (1 to 2 tablespoons more) to make a frosting of spreading consistency. Stir in shredded coconut. If desired, tint lightly with blue paste food coloring. Makes 3 cups.