SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl stir together the buttermilk and oil. Pour into flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
2. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes. Roll out or pat dough to 1 inch thickness. Cut with a 3-inch leaf-shape cookie cutter, dipping cutter in flour between cuts. Transfer biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet. In a bowl combine melted butter and paprika. Brush biscuit tops with butter mixture.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Cool on a wire rack. With a serrated knife or a sharp knife, carefully split biscuits in half horizontally.
4. Spread bottom half of each biscuit with 2 tablespoons of Pear-Sage Butter. Top with some of the smoked turkey and almonds; cover with biscuit top. Makes 8 to 10 sandwiches.
1. In a medium saucepan place pears, water, sugar, and dried sage. Cook and stir mixture over medium-low heat until bubbly. Boil gently, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until mixture is very thick and liquid is nearly evaporated, mashing fruit lightly after 15 minutes of cooking. Adjust heat to maintain a gentle boil. Remove from heat. Stir in fresh sage, if using. Cool completely.