SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together 3/4 cup of the all-purpose flour, the yeast, the rosemary, and the pepper. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, butter, sugar, and salt just until warm (120 degree F to 130 degree F) and butter almost melts.
2. Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides of the bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in semolina flour. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir in as much of the remaining all-purpose flour as you can with a wooden spoon.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining all-purpose flour to make a stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (8 to 10 minutes). Shape into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double (about 45 to 60 minutes).
4. Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. Line a baking sheet with foil; grease foil. Roll each portion into a 10x9-inch rectangle. From one portion of dough, cut lengthwise into 24 strips.
5. For each breadstick, pinch together ends of three strips. Braid the strips of dough. Pinch the other ends together. Tuck under the thin, pinched ends. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining half of dough. Cover and let rise in a warm place unto nearly double in size (about 30 minutes).
6. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a small bowl, beat together egg white and water. Lightly brush egg white mixture on breadsticks. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm. Makes 16 breadsticks.