SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets; set aside.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll thawed dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle, occasionally stopping and letting dough rest, if necessary. Cut into twenty-four 4x1-inch strips.
3. Carefully place strips on prepared baking sheets. Bake in a 475 degree F oven for 4 minutes. Remove from oven. Lower oven temperature to 350 degree F.
4. In a Dutch oven or kettle dissolve the 2 tablespoons salt in the boiling water. Lower a few strips into boiling water. Boil for 2 minutes, turning once. Using a slotted spoon, remove from water and drain on paper towels. Let stand a few seconds. Place about 1/2 inch apart on the well-greased baking sheets.
5. In a small mixing bowl stir together egg white and 1 tablespoon water. Brush strips with some of the egg white mixture. Sprinkle strips lightly with coarse salt. Then sprinkle with sesame seed, poppy seed, dillweed, or coarsely ground pepper.
6. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
7. To serve (or give as gift), thaw 2 hours at room temperature or wrap in foil and heat in a 350 degree F oven for 5 to 10 minutes until warm.