SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Using margarine or butter, grease six 1-cup souffle dishes or 10-ounce custard cups. Sprinkle with sugar, shaking out any excess sugar. Place dishes on a shallow baking pan or cookie sheet. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine strawberries and the 1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar. Let stand 15 minutes until strawberries become juicy. In a blender container or food processor bowl combine strawberry mixture and cornstarch. Blend or process until smooth. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually add the 1/2 cup sugar beating for 2 to 3 minutes or until stiff glossy peaks form.
4. With a rubber spatula, push beaten egg whites to the side of the bowl. Pour strawberry mixture into bottom of the bowl. Carefully stir a little of the beaten egg whites into the strawberry mixture. Then fold the two mixtures together (there should be a few pink streaks remaining). Divide mixture evenly among prepared dishes.
5. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately with strawberry or chocolate syrup. Makes 6 individual souffles.