SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large mixing bowl combine 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and active dry yeast; set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan heat and stir eggnog, water, granulated sugar, butter, and salt until warm (120 degree F to 130 degree F) and butter almost melts. Add to flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes more. Using a spoon, stir in an additional 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough additional flour (up to 1 cup) to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape into a ball. Place in a greased bowl, turn once. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double (about 45 to 60 minutes). Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan heat together brown sugar, butter, and eggnog until mixture bubbles. Pour into an ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with cranberries and walnuts.
4. On a lightly floured surface roll dough to a 15x12-inch rectangle. Spread with softened butter. Sprinkle with mixture of sugar, ground nutmeg, and ground cinnamon. Roll up loosely, starting at a short side. Moisten and seal edge. Cut roll into twelve 1-inch slices. Place, cut side down, on top of brown sugar mixture. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double (30 to 40 minutes).
5. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown. If necessary, cover loosely with foil the last 5 minutes of baking. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes on wire rack. Invert to remove from pan. Cool slightly or completely. Makes 12 rolls.