SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a bowl stir together granulated sugar and cornstarch. Add frozen cherries and vanilla. Toss. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour or until a syrup forms; stir occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Prepare pastry. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the pastry into a 12-inch circle. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Place 1/2 cup of the almonds in bottom of pastry-lined pie plate. Stir sweet cherry mixture; spoon on top of almonds. Spoon pie filling over sweet cherry mixture; spread evenly.
3. Trim bottom pastry to edge of pie plate. For top crust, roll remaining pastry into a 12-inch circle. Cut slits in top crust. Place on filling; trim 1/2 inch beyond edge of plate. Fold top pastry under bottom pastry; seal. Flute edge; cover edge with foil to prevent overbrowning.
4. Bake for 50 minutes. Remove foil. Bake about 30 minutes more or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
5. Stir together powdered sugar and enough milk to make of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over pie. Sprinkle remaining almonds on top of pie. Cool completely. Makes 8 servings.