SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the 1 cup toasted chopped pecans.
2. Divide dough in half. If necessary, cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
3. Lightly grease a cookie sheet; set aside.
4. Shape each half of dough into a 9-inch-long loaf. Place 4 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Flatten loaves slightly. Sprinkle with the 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans; press into tops of loaves. Flatten loaves to about 3 inches wide.
5. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool loaves on cookie sheet on a wire rack for 1 hour. Transfer to a cutting board. With a serrated knife, cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 8 minutes. Turn slices over; bake for 8 to 10 minutes more or until dry and crisp. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. Drizzle with Maple Drizzle. Makes about 24 cookies.
1. In a small mixing bowl stir together powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup. Stir in remaining maple syrup (4 to 5 tablespoons) to make icing of drizzling consistency.