SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Prepare Oil Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. Prick bottom and sides of pastry generously with the tines of a fork. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is golden. Cool on a wire rack.
2. In a blender container or food processor bowl combine 1 cup of the strawberries and the water. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
3. In a medium saucepan stir together sugar and cornstarch; stir in berry mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. If desired, stir in enough red food coloring to tint a rich red color. Cool to room temperature.
4. Fold remaining strawberries into cooled mixture; transfer mixture to pastry shell. Cover; chill for 3 to 4 hours. If desired, serve with whipped topping. Makes 8 servings.
1. In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt. Add cooking oil and milk all at once to flour mixture. Stir lightly with a fork. Form into a ball.