SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Prepare and roll out Pastry for Single-Crust Pie.
2. In a medium mixing bowl beat mascarpone or cream cheese, egg yolk, honey, and vanilla with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until smooth. Set aside.
3. In another medium mixing bowl stir together pumpkin, evaporated milk, the remaining 2 eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate. Dollop the mascarpone mixture over the pumpkin mixture. Pull a thin metal spatula gently through dollops to swirl fillings.
4. Bake for 50 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Makes 8 servings.
1. In a medium bowl stir together the all-purpose flour and salt. Using a pastry blender cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the flour mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of the bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon of cold water at a time (using a total of 4 to 5 tablespoons water), until all flour mixture is moistened. Form dough in ball. On lightly floured surface use hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edges into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp and form a high edge to keep filling from bubbling over. Do not prick pastry.