SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a small mixing bowl beat egg with an electric mixer on high speed about 1 minute. Add brown sugar; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses and honey.
2. In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, ginger, and cardamom. Add beaten egg mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir until combined. (dough will be stiff.) Stir in almonds and the 1/2 cup candied fruits and peels.
3. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill about 3 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
4. Lightly grease a cookie sheet; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the dough at a time into a 12x8-inch rectangle. Cut into 2-inch squares. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
5. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack. Brush warm cookies with Lemon Glaze. Garnish with candied fruit pieces. Allow glaze to thoroughly dry. Store cookies, tightly covered, overnight or up to 7 days to soften. Makes 48 cookies
1. In a small mixing bowl stir together powdered sugar, melted butter, and lemon juice. Add enough water to make of drizzling consistency.