SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Place finely chopped chocolate in a large bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan combine gelatin and milk. Let stand 5 minutes. Add egg yolks, sugar, and 1/2 cup of the whipping cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture coats a metal spoon (160 degree F), about 5 minutes.
2. Pour mixture over finely chopped chocolate. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir to incorporate chocolate throughout the mixture. Stir in vanilla. Place in freezer; chill for 30 minutes or until mixture thickens and cools, stirring after 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile place six 3-ounce souffle dishes on a tray (or use 6-ounce dessert dishes and do not add collars). Cut 6, 12x6 inches pieces of aluminum foil. Fold lengthwise in thirds to form 12x2-inch strips. Wrap each collar tightly around the souffle dishes with one edge extending 1 inch above the top of the dishes. Secure with tape. Place in freezer to chill.
4. Beat chocolate mixture with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). In a small bowl beat the remaining 3/4 cup cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream and nougat candy or almond toffee pieces into chocolate mixture.
5. Divide chocolate mixture evenly among the chilled souffle dishes, filling to 1/2 to 1 inch over the top of each dish. Cover and freeze until firm, 3 to 24 hours.
6. To serve, remove tape and gently peel away collars. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes at room temperature before serving. Makes 6 servings.