SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Grease and flour and 8x8x2-inch baking pan; set aside. Stir together the 1 cup flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degree F oven. Place softened butter or margarine and ginger in a medium mixing bowl; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Stir in yogurt and milk.
3. Add flour mixture, beating on low to medium speed until combined. Toss dates with 2 tablespoons flour and fold into batter. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool slightly (about 30 minutes) in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Serve with warm Orange Sauce. Makes 9 servings.
1. Stir sugar, cornstarch, grated fresh ginger or ground ginger, and finely shredded orange peel in a small saucepan. Stir in orange juice. Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture is thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove pan from heat. Stir in butter or margarine, cut up, until melted. Cover pan and cool slightly. Serve warm. Makes about 1 cup.