SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Cook squash, covered, in enough boiling salted water to cover squash, about 40 minutes or until tender. Drain.
2. When cool enough to handle, cut mirlitons lengthwise in half. Remove seeds. Scoop out pulp to within 1/2 inch of skin. Set shells aside. Chop pulp. Drain. Squeeze pulp between paper towels to remove excess liquid. Set aside.
3. For stuffing, cook onion, celery, and garlic in butter or margarine until tender. Remove from heat.
4. Reserve 4 whole shrimp for garnish, if desired. Cut remaining shrimp into small pieces. Stir shrimp, mirliton pulp, toasted bread crumbs, parsley, salt, red pepper, and black pepper into onion mixture. Spoon stuffing into squash shells.
5. Place shells in a 10x6x2-inch baking dish. Bake stuffed squash, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven about 30 minutes or until heated through. Garnish each serving with celery leaves and a whole cooked shrimp, if desired. Makes 4 servings.