SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Grease two 8x4x2-inch loaf pans. Lightly sprinkle pans with cornmeal to coat bottom and sides; set pans aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine 3 cups of the flour, the yeast, and baking soda; set aside. In a medium saucepan heat and stir milk, water, sugar, and salt just until warm (120 degree F to 130 degree F). Using a wooden spoon, stir milk mixture into flour mixture. Stir in remaining flour.
3. Divide dough in half. Place dough in prepared pans. Sprinkle tops with cornmeal. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 45 minutes).
4. Bake in a 400 degree F oven about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove bread from pans. Cool on wire racks. If desired, serve with Honey Butter. Makes 2 loaves (32 servings).
1. In a small mixing bowl beat softened butter and honey with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Cover and chill. Makes about 3/4 cup.