SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter the foil; set pan aside.
2. In a heavy 1-1/2-quart saucepan combine vanilla caramels, the 3 tablespoons butter, and milk. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels are melted. Stir in the chopped peanuts. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
3. Chill about 1 hour or until firm. When firm, use the foil to lift candy out of the pan; cut candy into 2x1-inch rectangles.
4. Melt the dipping chocolate or confectioners coating. Carefully dip the rectangles, one at a time, into the melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off rectangles.
5. Place the dipped rectangles on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper until dry. Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place. Makes 32 candy bars.