SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Spray a 9x1-1/2-inch round baking pan with nonstick spray; set pan aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, orange peel, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Fold in flour just until blended. Spread batter in prepared pan.
3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully remove cake from pan; cool on rack.
4. For filling, in a small saucepan combine water, 1/4 cup sugar, egg product or eggs, and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool thoroughly.
5. Carefully cut cake into two horizontal layers. Sprinkle cut surfaces of cake layers with orange liqueur or orange juice. Place one layer on serving plate. Spread with half of the lemon filling. Place second layer on top and spread with remaining lemon filling. Arrange fruit on top. Cover and chill until serving time. Store any leftover cake in the refrigerator. Makes 8 servings.