SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a large mixing bowl combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, wheat germ, wheat bran, buttermilk powder, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir until well combined.
2. Use a pastry blender to cut shortening into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
3. To use, spoon lightly into a measuring cup and level off with a straight-edged spatula. Makes 12 cups.
1. In a large mixing bowl combine water and egg yolks. Add Whole Grain Pancake Mix. Stir just until combined but still lumpy.
2. Beat egg whites to stiff peaks; gently fold into batter, leaving a few puffs of egg white. Do not overbeat.
4. Heat a griddle, for each pancake use 1/4 cup batter. Cook over medium heat until pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook second side when pancakes surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (about 1 to 2 minutes per side).