SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a mixing bowl combine egg, milk, margarine or butter, and pepper. Add Buttermilk Pancake Mix. Stir just until combined but still slightly lumpy. Fold in corn, green onion, and sweet pepper.
2. Heat a lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat until a few drops of water dance across the surface. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle. Spread batter into a circle about 4 inches in diameter. (For a smaller pancake, spread about 2 tablespoons batter into a circle about 2 inches in diameter.)
3. Cook over medium heat until pancakes are golden brown, turning to cook second sides when pancake surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry (about 2 to 3 minutes per side). Serve immediately or keep warm in a loosely covered ovenproof dish in a 300 degree F oven. If desired, serve with Herb Butter. Makes twelve 4-inch pancakes or twenty-four 2-inch pancakes.
1. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, buttermilk powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until well combined. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 weeks.
2. To use, spoon lightly into a measuring cup and level off with a straight-edged spatula. Makes 11 cups.
1. In a small bowl stir together softened butter and basil, cilantro, or thyme until combined. Serve immediately or cover and store in refrigerator up to 1 week. Let chilled butter stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until spreadable before using.