SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Peel and finely shred potatoes. Drain in a sieve.
2. Meanwhile, in mixing bowl, beat eggs. Stir in flour, salt, baking powder and pepper. Stir in the potatoes, onion, parsley and caraway, if you like.
3. In a large, heavy skillet, heat 1/4 inch of oil over medium heat until hot.
4. For each pancake, stir mixture and carefully spoon about a rounded tablespoon into hot oil, leaving about 1 inch between pancakes and pressing to flatten slightly. Cook for about 3 minutes on one side or until brown and crisp; turn and cook other side for 2 to 3 minutes more.
5. With a slotted spoon, remove pancakes from oil and drain on paper towels. Makes about 20 medium pancakes (10 servings).