SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. For biscuit topping, stir together flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl. Cut in butter or margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; add pecans. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture, then set dry mixture aside.
2. For filling, stir together the 1/3 cup granulated sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Stir in water and almond extract; add fruit. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat and keep mixture hot.
3. Mix together egg and milk in a small bowl; add all at once to the dry biscuit topping and stir just until moistened.
4. Transfer the hot filling to an ungreased 2-quart glass baking dish. Immediately spoon biscuit topping into eight mounds on top of the hot filling. Stir together the 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle over topping.
5. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of a dumpling comes out clean. Serve warm with peach or vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired. Makes 8 servings.