SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. To toast the pecans, spread the nuts in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring once or twice.
2. For fruited cheese, combine salad dressing and 1/4 cup of the boursin or cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in chopped fruit, cucumber, toasted pecans, and parsley. Set aside.
3. Slice biscuits in half horizontally. Spread cut sides with remaining boursin or cream cheese. Line biscuit bottom with lettuce leaves; add 3 to 4 tablespoons fruited cheese and cheese and/or proscuitto slices, dividing equally. Place biscuit top on cheese. Makes 12 sandwiches.
1. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Quickly knead by folding and pressing gently for 10 to 12 strokes or until the dough is nearly smooth. Pat or lightly roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough with a floured 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter, dipping the cutter into flour between cuts.
2. Basic Lemon Biscuits Stir together 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of dry mixture. Combine 1/3 cup buttermilk and 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing; add to dry mixture all at once. Stir just until moistened.
3. Place biscuits 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Remove biscuits from the baking sheet and cool slightly. Serve warm. Makes 6 to 8.