SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Grease and lightly flour twenty-four 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups. Stir together all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat margarine or butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until softened. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, beating on low to medium speed after each addition just until mixed. Pour into the prepared muffin cups.
2. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
3. Prepare Butter Cream Frosting and divide into 6 equal portions. Frost 4 cupcakes with first portion; sprinkle with multicolored nonpareils.
4. To second portion of frosting, stir in lemon juice, lemon peel, and yellow food coloring, adding a little additional powdered sugar, if necessary. Frost 4 cupcakes; sprinkle with coconut.
5. Dissolve coffee crystals in hot water; add to third portion of frosting. Frost 4 cupcakes; top with chocolate sprinkles.
6. To fourth portion of frosting, stir in cocoa powder, adding a little additional milk, if necessary. Frost 4 cupcakes; sprinkle with colored chocolate sprinkles.
7. To fifth portion of frosting, stir in maple flavoring. Frost 4 cupcakes; sprinkle with walnuts. To the last portion, stir in raspberry flavoring or peppermint extract and red food coloring. Frost remaining 4 cupcakes. Sprinkle with multicolored coarse sugar. Makes 24 cupcakes.
1. Beat margarine or butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar alternately with milk beating well after each addition. Beat in additional milk, if necessary, to make of spreading consistency.