SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Heat oven to 375 degree F. Beat the butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, coffee crystals, baking powder, cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; beat until combined. Beat in eggs until combined. Beat in cocoa powder and as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour with a wooden spoon. Stir in the nuts. Divide dough in half.
2. Shape each half into an 8-inch loaf, using floured hands. Place loaves about 5 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten to 3 inches wide.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 hour or until completely cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degree F.
4. Transfer loaves to a cutting board. Cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Lay slices, cut sides down, on the cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Turn slices over and bake 7 to 12 minutes more or until dry and crisp. Transfer to wire racks and cool.
5. For the espresso drizzle, in a medium bowl dissolve the instant espresso in 1 tablespoon water. Stir in powdered sugar. Add additional water, if necessary, to make drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies. Makes about 30.