SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. In a small bowl combine bottled chili sauce, cilantro, finely chopped onion, lime juice, prepared horseradish, jalapeno chile pepper, garlic salt, and several bottled hot pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Makes about 1 cup.
2. Partially freeze beef or chicken. Thinly slice beef across the grain into bite-size strips; thinly slice chicken crosswise into bite-size strips. Set aside.
3. Combine broth, onions, ginger, and pepper in a large saucepan. (If you are serving beef, chicken, and shrimp, use beef or chicken broth. Use beef broth if you are serving only beef, chicken broth if you are serving only chicken or shrimp.) Bring mixture to boiling. Pour into a fondue pot. Return to boiling.
4. To serve, give each person a fondue fork. Dip beef, chicken, or shrimp into broth; cook to desired doneness. (Allow 1 to 2 minutes for each piece.) Serve with Southwestern Cocktail Sauce. If desired, serve with Wasabi Tartar Sauce, Sesame Ginger Sauce, or Ancho Pepper Sauce.
1. Cut open ancho chile peppers; discard stems and seeds.* Place peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 4 minutes. Remove from oven; cool. Tear peppers into 2-inch pieces. Place in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 45 to 60 minutes to soften. Drain well, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Place drained pepper pieces and reserved liquid in a food processor bowl. Cover and process until nearly smooth. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve to form a paste (you should have about 1/4 cup). Stir in mayonnaise or salad dressing, brown sugar, oregano, cumin, and salt. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Makes about 3/4 cup.
1. Whisk together soy sauce, Dijon-style mustard, honey, water, sesame seed, and ginger in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 week. Makes 2/3 cup.
1. Combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing, 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion, 1 teaspoon wasabi paste, 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel, and 2 teaspoons lemon juice in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Makes about 3/4 cup.