SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Spread oats and barley in a shallow baking pan. Bake about 10 minutes or until light brown, stirring occasionally. Cool. Transfer oats and barley to a blender or food processor. Cover; blend until ground. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup of the bread flour, the whole wheat flour, and yeast. Add warm water, sugar, oil, and salt. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in cornmeal, oat mixture, and as much of the remaining bread flour as you can.
3. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining bread flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Shape into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease the surface. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (1 to 1-1/4 hours).
4. Punch down dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes. Coat an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
5. Shape dough into a loaf. Place in prepared loaf pan. Cover; let rise in a warm place until nearly double (about 30 minutes). Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
6. Bake 40 minutes or until top is golden and bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.