SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Measure flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir these ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (Or, crumble the butter in with your fingers.)
2. In a small bowl stir together milk and sour cream until mixture is almost smooth. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add the milk mixture all at once. Using a wooden spoon stir just until the dough sticks together.
3. Using hands or a wooden spoon, push dough onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle a little flour on hands. Gently knead 8 or 10 times or just until dough holds together.
4. Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness. (Or, roll dough with a floured rolling pin.) Using the edge of a clean, floured ruler, cut dough into large diamonds or squares, approximately 3 inches. Place on ungreased baking sheet, leaving about 1-inch space between each biscuit.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Using a wide spatula carefully remove biscuits from baking sheet. Serve immediately. Makes 10 biscuits.