SPECIAL OFFER: - Limited Time Only!
(The ad below will not display on your printed page)
1. Stir together the 1/4 cup flour and the salt. Roll chicken pieces in flour mixture to coat.
2. In a 12-inch skillet cook the chicken, half at a time, in hot margarine or butter until chicken is brown, turning once. Transfer chicken to a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, reserving drippings in skillet. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, for sauce, drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add sherry to drippings in skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat, stirring to scrape up browned bits. Add pineapple tidbits, celery, and onions. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until celery starts to soften.
4. Combine reserved pineapple juice and the 2 tablespoons flour; stir into the sauce mixture in the skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat.
5. Spoon off any juices from chicken in the baking dish. Sprinkle ham over chicken. Pour sauce over all. Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Makes 12 servings.